The Meatball Shop / New York, NY


No trip to New York City is complete without a visit to The Meatball Shop. There are multiple locations scattered around the City, but my favorite is probably the Chelsea location.



The Meatball Shop is proud to provide "good, clean, humanely sourced meat" from a local Brooklyn farm-to-table butcher.
Their menu involves a lot of choices, and since everything is so delicious, it's impossible to choose wrong.
Step one. Choose your ball. I'm a plain and simple tastebud kind of guy, so I choose the Classic Meatball.
Step two. Pick your sauce. I always go with Classic Tomato Sauce. Simple, traditional, but perfection.
Step three. Decide if you want anything under or beside your balls. I prefer the Rigatoni Pasta, under.

The rustic vibe of The Meatball Shop is a good sign that this place knows its whiskey and bourbon. So, while I'm waiting on my food, I order a drink. When I'm not having my bourbon served neat, I'm a sucker for a good Old Fashioned, and The Meatball Shop knows just how to mix the perfect cocktail.
It's all about choices again.
I pick the style, Old Fashioned, and then choose the bourbon, Maker's Mark.
The result is smooth and strong.



Finally, after I've devoured my entree of meatballs, it's time for dessert.
Normally, it's a decision between cookies or ice cream. But not here. The Meatball Shop offers the Ice Cream Sandwich, the choice of one ice cream flavor and two cookies.
My choice: vanilla ice cream with a chocolate chip cookie on top and a snickerdoodle cookie on the bottom.


On your next trip to the Big Apple, visit The Meatball Shop at one of these locations:
The Meatball Shop Chelsea / 200 9th Avenue, New York, NY
The Meatball Shop Hell's Kitchen / 798 9th Avenue, New York, NY
The Meatball Shop Williamsburg / 170 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY

Comments

Popular Posts