The Lobster Shack / South Beach in Miami, FL


   In the heart of Miami's South Beach, just steps away from Ocean Drive, I found some of the most amazing seafood that I have ever tasted at The Lobster Shack. 
I know, I know. When you think of lobsters, you think of Maine and the New England coast, which is exactly where this restaurant receives their lobsters from. 
   Two hundred live Maine lobsters are delivered daily from Kennebunkport, and the result is some of the best food in Miami.




   Arriving at The Lobster Shack, I had the opportunity to dine inside and watch the live lobsters bask in the neon glow of their tank, or dine outside and watch the hustle and bustle of the sidewalk as beachgoers and surfers make their way to and from South Beach. I decided to dine outside and people watch. 


   While sipping on a Froze (a frozen Rose), I was examining the menu to decide on what I should order. Owner Chris Lingenfelser was making his rounds on the patio to greet everyone; he made sure to stop by table, welcome me to his restaurant and make a few suggestions on the menu. 
   I started with a bowl of Lobster Bisque. It was smooth, creamy, seasoned to perfection and filled with tender chunks of lobster meat. 



   Next, I moved on to the Fish Taco. Freshly grilled fish with jalapeno cole slaw, pico de gallo, avocado and a special house sauce served on a corn tortilla.  It had a kick to it, but the over-all flavor made it almost unnoticeable. How good was it? Well, I devoured the whole thing in a matter of seconds, if that tells you anything.


   My entree was the Naked Lobster Roll with a side of New England Clam Chowder. 
   Delicious chunks of lobster meat served warm with butter on a lightly toasted bun. It's on the list of best food I've ever tasted. Absolute perfection. 


   The Lobster Shack in South Beach is serving something you can't find anywhere else. Stop by, taste it for yourself and I guarantee you'll be going back for more. I know I will be. 
   The Lobster Shack is located at 40 South Pointe Drive in Miami Beach. They offer dine-in, take-out and delivery. 

Comments

Popular Posts